Ignacy Historic Mine is an industrial complex located on the site of the former hard coal mine, which has been renovated and adapted for culture and tourism. It's situated in Rybnik in the south of Poland.
The site traces its roots to one of the oldest mines in Upper Silesia and the oldest one in the Rybnik area. It was established over 200 years ago in 1792 by the Prussian state. The person responsible for that task was Karl Georg Heinrich Graf von Hoym, minister of the Silesia Province. Therefore, the mine was called Hoymgrube for most of its history.
The facility was expanded and merged with neighbouring coal mines several times. After the First World War, the mine was modernized, which resulted in the increase of coal production. In 1936 the mine changed its name from Hoym into Ignacy in honour of Ignacy Mościcki – President of the Republic of Poland. It was closed in 1995.